June is happening all around us...

This has been a really crazy time in America...well the world I suppose. First with the Corona Virus shut-down of our country, now with the rioting and looting going on all across the country that started after the killing of a young black man in Minneapolis, by a policeman.  A death that should NOT have happened.
I'm trying to stay as near to "normal" as I can though.  Whatever normal means at this point in time.
I've made facemasks which we are told helps to keep  us safe.  Everyone is required to wear them if out in public and can't keep a distance of 6 feet between ourselves and others   If it keeps us safer, I suppose it's okay.

I've just finished a wallhanging, and am now sewing the binding on.  I finished it at the end of May, and started the binding yesterday.  I call this my Chaos Quilt of 2020.  I think it describes the last few months perfectly. Its mismatched and chaotic!  Just how our nerves are right now.
 I ran across several of these odd practice blocks while I was going through and unpacking bins of fabric.  I still have bins to unpack even though it's been a while since our move back. I haven't done it because...well,  look at the wallhanging.  That describes why.    The blocks are from ages ago, and I decided to use them. I have decided to try to use up all my odd blocks that I have stashed here and there.
  I am gradually getting my sewing room, back in order.  I still have a long way to go but it's getting better.  I'm not buying anymore fabric since I will never be able to use all I already have. 





And then there is this too...





Outside, I've been working on the flowers...well, I should re-word that to say that I am working on the weeds mostly.  More specifically, I am trying not to let them win.  I would love to pay someone to make my yard look beautiful.  I do love working in the dirt and flowers though, so I guess all I really want is a helper.

It was in the 90's today!   No yard work done but I did take my sweet little grandson out for a nature walk in the backyard and showed him some new wonders.  He will be 17 months old in a couple of days so everything is new to him.  We saw a 3 leaf clover, some ants, and the whirly helicopter seeds from the Maple trees.  He really liked those.


 

Comments

Popular Posts