Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is always a great time for me!  I love having my family here.  Not everyone can always make it, but I am always happy for the ones who do. Three of the kids were missing this year.  Oldest daughter and her family didn't come because they have the 'threat' of whooping cough at the high school where her 2 youngest boys go.  As of today, 4 people (students and adults) have come down with it.  She didn't want to possibly expose any family members to the threat.  Her boys don't have it, but they may have been exposed to it. With my daughter-in-law coming and having a very depressed immune system she didn't want to take a chance on spreading the illness.  We all missed her and the family, but fully understood why they didn't come.  Daughter #2 and her hubby live in NC so they couldn't make it.  Son-in-law just recently had shoulder surgery and so he can't travel for a while.
Our turkey turned out perfect.  My hubby cooked that and the green beans. I  made everything else, except for a dessert that my dil brought.  She brought a delicious pecan brownie dish! 
This picture is not the picture of the brownies my dil made but similar.  I was so busy and excited about having the family here that I totally forgot to make pictures!  My dil missed all family get togethers last year because she was battling a rare form of Leukemia.  it's still a fight but she was able to come here for the day!  Praise God for that and all things!
keto chocolate brownie

Comments

Popular Posts