My First Quilt

Who remembers their first quilt project?  I sure do.  when I heard that I was going to be a grandmother, I decided I wanted to make a quilt in time for the baby shower.  I went to the library and checked out every book they would let me check out about quilts.  Never having made one, the only supplies I had was a sewing machine.  I loved all the quilts in the books but felt I could only do the applique because of my lack of skill.  The pattern I chose had 52 hearts.  I worked on it faithfully and finished it in time.  I worked on the hand applique in all my free time.  Even when the hubby and I went on our anniversary trip, i worked on the quilt.  My hubby asked me many times to put the project away but I was determined that it would be finished on time.    I hope I can find a picture of it.  We didn't have all the advanced tech cameras and phones then.  That was 21 years ago after all.  I love that quilt.  I tied it of course because that is all i knew how to do then.
UPDATE: Found the picture
The colors are not vibrant here but they were in person.  Pinks and greens. Over the years I repaired the quilt numerous times because my granddaughter loved it and carried it everywhere with her.  Made me happy.


Today is my youngest grandson's 11 month birthday!
chat later

Comments

Popular Posts